Friday, April 22, 2011

The Lull

And this is the part of my semester where I'm so taken with everything that's going on that I forget to blog. Instead of apologizing for it, I'm going to let it speak for itself.

There are a couple of posts in the works that I'll put up soon, but for now, a quick recap. I spent my last week In Valparaiso saying goodbye. I left for a 2 week excursion to the North of Chile to spend time in Arica and Putre and I'm staying for an extra 3 weeks or so to start my independent research project on reproductive health and idigenous populations. It is very much in the planning stages, but should be, well, an adventure.

For most of the time I've been in the North, I've really been pretty sick. I also saw some of the most beautiful places in the world. I had a 102 degree fever, was never hungry and on top of it all, was adjusting to 11,483 ft altitude. I was basically an absolutely mess. Fortunately, after seeking medical attention 3 times, I'm very much on the mend. Study abroad sick is a special kind of miserable. But it's hard to be miserable when everything is this beautiful. I somehow managed, although my cynicism and dark humor took a hit. Hopefully, I look better than I felt...

Lake Chungara

No comments:

Post a Comment